Yoon Doo-joon to cameo in This Life Is Our First
Most of us are waiting around to hear whether Yoon Doo-joon’s next project will be a third season of Let’s Eat, but in the meantime he’ll be reuniting with PD Park Joon-hwa of Let’s Eat Seasons 1 and 2, albeit briefly. The director’s new drama is tvN’s next Monday-Tuesday series This Life Is Our First, and Yoon stopped by to film a cameo, as did fellow Let’s Eat alum Yoon So-hee (Ruler–Master of the Mask).
The new drama is a cohabitation rom-com about two people who come together because of their housing needs. Jung So-min (Father Is Strange) plays a young woman who’s had to give up on everything including love just to survive financially, and is in desperate need of a home. Lee Min-ki (Shoot Me in the Heart) is a sworn bachelor who has a home but is struggling with the debt that comes along with it, and he’ll take Jung So-min on as a housemate to solve both of their problems.
The themes are pretty familiar to the Let’s Eat franchise, which was all about single living and food being the thing to draw people out of their one-room apartments and into their neighbors’ lives. A roommate drama has even more potential for embarrassing run-ins and forced proximity hijinks, so I hope that’s where we’re headed. There are no details given about what Yoon Doo-joon’s cameo role will be, but I would love it if it involved trying to sell them insurance.
This Life Is Our First premieres October 9 on tvN.
- House-poor Lee Min-ki finds house-hunting Jung So-min in This Life Is Our First
- Supporting cast secured for tvN’s This Life Is Our First
- Jung So-min becomes Lee Min-ki’s housemate in This Life Is Our First
- Lee Min-ki offered new tvN drama This Life Is Our First
- Yoon Doo-joon courted for a third season of Let’s Eat on tvN
- Let’s Eat spinoff about drinking in the works at tvN
- Let’s Eat 2 dishes out two extra servings
- Let’s Eat 2: Episode 1