Sohn Ye-jin may become Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food
After her successes in Chungmuro, is Sohn Ye-jin (Shark) finally ready to come back to dramaland? She’s received an offer to star in the new drama from critically acclaimed PD Ahn Pan-seok (I Heard it Through the Grapevine, Secret Love Affair, A Wife’s Credentials) called Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, which is on the books for a 2018 broadcast on JTBC.
Her agency MSTeam Entertainment told reporters that she’s reviewing the script, but hasn’t made any decisions yet. She’s currently in the middle of filming two movies—crime thriller Negotiation with Hyun Bin and Japanese melo remake Be With You with So Ji-sub—so I’m not quite sure how soon her schedule will free up in the near future.
Details on the drama itself have remained tightly under wraps, so we only have the title to go by in expecting a noona romance. In any case, I’m hoping that Sohn Ye-jin will come back to dramaland, because I’d like to see the depth she’s gained through her experiences from her successful films (see: Last Princess, The Truth Beneath, The Pirates) translated into a new memorable television character for her.
Maybe we’ll get another forbidden Secret Love Affair-like romance out of PD Ahn Pan-seok. Time to start fantasy casting for her younger male costar. Lee Won-geun, anyone? I heard his movie Misbehavior with Kim Haneul was super hot. There’s probably no shortage of rising starts who are dying to be part of the next Kim Hee-ae/Yoo Ah-in pairing.
Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food is preparing to broadcast in the beginning half of next year on JTBC.
- Secret Love Affair PD returns with new drama Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food
- Sohn Ye-jin and Hyun Bin to face off in thriller Deal
- 53rd Baeksang Arts Awards
- So Ji-sub courted to play ghost Sohn Ye-jin’s grieving husband in Be With You
- Sohn Ye-jin considers remake of melo fantasy Be With You
- Sohn Ye-jin yearns for home as the tragic last Joseon princess
- No hiding secrets from Sohn Ye-jin in The Truth Beneath