Name That Drama: Team meat
by DB Staff
Ready for another round of drama-sleuthing? Help out your fellow Beanies or email us your own questions and requests for future Name That Drama installments.
- Pork and beef
A group of office workers enter a BBQ restaurant to find their reservation stolen by their rival team at work. I think the team who stole the reservation were evil and they had some sort of victory over the good team. The two teams throw insults at each other and one of the guys from the good team asks their boss for some beef but since their team lost, the boss only has budget for pork.
- Robbing someone to death
This is an old one and what I remember is:
Mother and daughter live in the boonies. The mother is sickly, the daughter’s father is a married wealthy man who often comes to visit. One day, the mom has one of her attacks and one of the neighbor ladies comes over to help but she spots all this money the father left and instead tries to steal some. The mother tries to stop her but ends up dying.
The neighbor then decides to take all the money, but another neighbor lady catches her and they split the money. They take the kid to the train station and put her on it.
Fast-forward, the girl is now a young woman, and the woman who found her and took her in has a sickly son that the girl is now taking care of since the mom has passed away. Once a month or so, the girl takes the boy to see a heart specialist, and the doctor’s mother is one of the ladies that let her mother die while stealing her money.
Help! what is the name of this drama? I think it was around 2004 when I was watching.
- A mom who can’t get mad
The lead is a couple engaged since high school. The guy is busy working in a corporate office so the girl goes to the guy’s nephew/niece’s party by herself. The guy’s family treats the girl like their servant and saying rude things in front of her. Like how their brother should get engaged to someone “better” now that he has a nice job. No one noticed that the girl’s mom also dropped by the party to help. She saw her daughter being treated badly so she left without telling anyone. In the bus ride home, mom drafts an angry text message telling the guy to break up with her precious daughter. Then she deletes it and sends a sweet, sad text asking him to take care of her beloved daughter.
- Red car ride to mom
I was looking for this K-drama where the male lead is looking/searching for his mom and these are the scenes that I remembered:
- Male lead was taken away from his mom when he was a baby or young kid.
- Male lead was driving a red car going to some place far like an island or a beach.
- Male lead ordering food from a small restaurant close to the beach and it seems the cook/owner is his mom, but the mom refuse to acknowledge the male lead as her son and there’s a little scuffle with the mom’s husband or boyfriend.
- There’s another scene with the male lead driving the red car with the female lead, going again to his mom’s restaurant to visit and eat.
I am not sure if the above info can help at all but I’m really hoping you can name this K-drama for me. Thanks.
- Free concert at the police station
I was chatting to some Beanies about singing in the car and then I remembered that there was a scene in a drama where the woman was singing loudly in the car and it was recorded by the dash cam. That was later shown in the police station (as evidence?) and the guy is watching it with the police officers. The woman is mortified but then they watch it again?
It really bugs me that I can’t remember what drama that is…
Thanks for playing, everyone — till next time!
- Name That Drama: Fire and squiggles
- Name That Drama: Fighter princesses and sacked slaves
- Name That Drama: Tasting the towels
- Name That Drama: Grandpa Over Lovers
- Name That Drama: Wedding brawls and genius maids
- Name That Drama: Makeup-free video chats and invisibility jackets
- Name That Drama: Dramabeans Detective Agency
Tags: Name That Drama