Han Ye-seul, Joo Jin-mo courted for SBS drama Big Issue
Han Ye-seul (20th Century Boy and Girl, Madam Antoine) and Joo Jin-mo (Bad Guys: City of Evil, Woman With a Suitcase) are being courted by SBS for lead roles in the upcoming drama Big Issue.
Park Shin-yang is being courted for a role as well, but he has not yet confirmed he will take part.
The drama centers around a man who loses his job and his family all because of one photo, and a tabloid media company with a highly notorious editor-in-chief. Han Ye-seul would be taking on the role of Ji Soo-hyun, the successful (and notorious) editor-in-chief, with Joo Jin-mo playing the male lead who’s lost everything. If they both accept, it will be the first time the two have ever worked together.
For some reason, I thought Han Ye-seul and Joo Jin-mo had already been in a project together. They debuted around the same time and it seemed like they would have crossed paths by now. However, I think I was confusing him with Go Soo. They both have that intense smoldering gaze down pat. Not that cool broodiness is bad thing, but it would be a nice change to see Joo Jin-mo take on something different. Less brooding/coolness and more sad-sack shenanigans, I say!
Big Issue is scheduled to start filming next month and is set to air Wednesdays and Thursdays after An Empress’ Dignity ends in February 2019.
- Park Shin-yang offered paparazzi role in SBS’ Big Issue
- Quit the game if you want to live in the City of Evil
- Joo Jin-mo and Ji-soo tap into their dark side for Bad Guys: City of Evil
- 20th Century Boy and Girl: Episodes 1-2
- Everyone is a kid at heart for 20th Century Boy and Girl
- Woman With a Suitcase: Episode 1
- Joo Jin-mo to become Woman With a Suitcase’s secret helper
- Madam Antoine: Episode 1