Go Jun-hee and Ryu Seung-beom up for revenge film
Director Im Sang-soo of The Housemaid and Taste of Money is prepping his next movie called My Good Friends The Villains (formerly titled There Is No Today For Us), and Go Jun-hee (Yawang) and Ryu Seung-beom (New World) are in talks to star.
I like the pairing, though I already know that Im Sang-soo isn’t my cup of tea, at least not if The Housemaid is considered representative of his style. I find his films cold and detached, though maybe that’s the point. This new movie sounds a little more interesting though — it’ll be a revenge drama about a man and a woman who have no money and no family, who launch a scathing revenge scheme against corrupt society and big business.
Jo Seung-woo and Kim Hyo-jin were originally set to star in the project, but that plan fell through with Kim Hyo-jin’s pregnancy. Once Ryu Seung-beom’s name was attached, the production went back into full swing and reportedly scored funding directly from 20th Century Fox. Both actors are still in negotiations, and once it’s done casting, My Good Friends The Villains will begin shooting this August.
- Movie Review: The Berlin File
- Movie Review: Die Bad
- Pre-wedding hijinks for four couples… and Joo Ji-hoon
- Yoon Kye-sang and Go Jun-hee pair up in romantic comedy
- Cast fills out for omnibus film Night Before the Wedding
- Yawang beefs up its cast, begins production
- Ryu Seung-beom and Lee Beom-soo’s new comedy
- Twelve Men in a Year: Episode 1
- Ryu Seung-beom’s W Korea shoot