Moon Sori, Kim Hye-ja for new KBS drama Unkind Women
The PD of the hit drama My Daughter Seo-young and the writer of Equator Man are teaming up for a Wednesday-Thursday drama for KBS in the new year, and wooing actresses Moon Sori (Law of Attraction) and Kim Hye-ja (Mother) to return to the small screen to star. If she signs on, it’ll have been seven years since Moon Sori has done a full-length television series (2008’s My Golden Age, and before that 2007’s Legend), while Kim Hye-ja headlined JTBC’s I Live in Cheongdam-dong three years ago.
The new series is called Unkind Women and features three generations of women who “share the same hot blood,” living under one roof. Kim Hye-ja is being courted to play the head matriarch, a cooking instructor with an infamous sharp tongue and a proclivity for swearing. She teaches a cooking class that’s so popular that there’s a ten-month wait to get in, and she’s known for cutting her students — mostly chaebol daughters-in-law — down to size. But she’s also the kind of woman who’s experienced a good deal of tribulation in her life, and uses her strength to help others.
Moon Sori has been offered the role of her troublemaker daughter, who’s lived a wayward life and only recently come to appreciate the love of her family. There will be another daughter with a lonely secret, and a granddaughter as well. It’s a family of women who aren’t very nice, figuring out how to love, succeed, and find happiness together.
Aw, it sounds like a lovely combo of strong women and heartwarming family drama. Directing is PD Yoo Hyun-ki (My Daughter Seo-young, Brain, God of Study), and writing is Kim In-young (When a Man Loves, Equator Man, The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry).
Unkind Women is being planned for 24 episodes, and follows King’s Face in February.
- Movie Review: Forever the Moment (2008)
- Ryu Seung-ryong headlines disaster movie Seoul Station
- Action-romance hijinks in spy comedy The Spy
- Uhm Jung-hwa headlines rom-com about love sex and singledom
- Trailer and stills for Lee Je-hoon’s thriller Ethics of Wrath
- Mother wins Best Picture at Asian Film Awards
- Mother, Thirst take home Directors’ Cut awards
- Won Bin interviews about Mother, acting, and future goals
- Mother’s mother-son pair at film press conference
- Legend / 태왕사신기