First look at Oh Nara in sports drama Racket Boys
New stills of Oh Nara (United Effort to Accomplish One Thing) have been released for her upcoming drama Racket Boys. It’s about a student badminton team from a fishing village
Oh Nara plays a badminton living legend, Ra Young-ja, who becomes the coach of the middle school female badminton team that ends up nationally ranked first through her efforts. She’s a badass that has strategies both on and off the court to get her team to the top. With her one word “Silence!”, she can cleanly end all situations. She’s so chic and scary to the point that her nickname is “Ranos,” combining her last name Ra with the supervillain Thanos.
It’s been reported that Oh Nara put a lot of effort into becoming Ra Young-ja. She watched many badminton game clips and practiced the poses and management styles of the coaches. She even met with sports coaches of all disciplines for character research.
Of the first day of filming Racket Boys, Oh Nara said, “By becoming friendly with nature, I adapted to a different environment and atmosphere and am working hard at filming… I’m receiving so much good energy from my junior actors, seeing them sweating and playing badminton, working hard to make this drama more real.”
SBS Monday-Tuesday drama Racket Boys, written by Jung Bo-hoon (Smart Prison Living) and directed by Jo Young-kwang, will begin airing in May.
- United Effort to Accomplish One Thing: Episodes 1-2 Open Thread
- Kim Hye-joon and Oh Nara in first stills for United Effort to Accomplish One Thing
- Rookie Choi Kyu-jin joins Oh Nara and Kim Hye-joon for new MBC mystery drama
- 9.9 Billion Won Woman: Episodes 1-2
- Desperate and determined, Jo Yeo-jung fights against the odds in 9.9 Billion Won Woman