A week out from the drama’s premiere, we’ve got new posters out for SBS’s Jang Ok-jung, Live By Love — which, by the way, has had two name changes since it was announced. You probably haven’t heard about them, though, since the show merely dropped its second half of the title, then decided their heroine should live by love after all. Fickle producers, always changing their minds.
I think the posters look pretty in a general sense and I don’t really have a problem with them — it’s just too bad they’re so generic-looking. The one up top actually looks like an outtake to me, as though the camera caught Yoo Ah-in and Kim Tae-hee slumping in an off moment when they thought they weren’t being shot. It’s just so… droopy.
Perhaps it’s to remind us that this is a sad romance between a king and the woman he obsessed over and then had killed? In which case I want to see a lot more fiery Anne Boleyn-ness out of our anti-heroine. Though I’m pretty sure we can count on Hong Soo-hyun (playing discarded Queen In-hyun) to provide intensity, even if her character has historically been interpreted as the meek, gentle one railroaded by the usurping vixen. I am curious to see just how far the drama twists the “standard” narrative in giving us the alternate history, because we all know how it ends.
In the second poster, we also get a glimpse of secondary characters played by Lee Sang-yub, Jae Hee, and Han Seung-yeon. The drama follows Yawang as SBS’s new Monday-Tuesday drama, and premieres next Monday, April 8.
Via SBS E!
- Stills galore for upcoming spring dramas
- First teaser for SBS’s reimagining of Jang Ok-jung
- And now the boys of Jang Ok-jung
- The ladies of Jang Ok-jung get into character
- Script readings galore for spring’s upcoming dramas
- News bites: February 4, 2013
- Hong Soo-hyun up for Queen In-hyun role
- Yoo Ah-in up for king role in new drama
- Kim Tae-hee tackles sageuk as famous villain