Kang Ji-hwan courted for new revenge drama
Kang Ji-hwan casting stories are always the slipperiest buggers because nine times out of ten they don’t stick, but he’s reportedly being wooed to headline the new drama from the writer of Gaksital. Consider me interested. The new Wednesday-Thursday drama for KBS is called Golden Cross and is being prepped for the spring, to air after Age of Feeling. The reports range from “considering” to “undecided,” so it seems too early to do dances of joy.
Golden Cross will be helmed by the writer of Gaksital and the PD of Be Strong Mr. Kim and Mary Stayed Out All Night. The director is not instilling the biggest confidence in me, though I guess you could say that the writing was the far (faaaar) crazier part of Mary Stayed Out All Night. That’s half-full, right? It’ll be a revenge thriller about a man who gets sucked into a conspiracy and loses his family in the process, and then sets out to get payback.
It’s a good-guy revenge story though, because if he signs on, Kang Ji-hwan will play the hero who becomes a prosecutor after his father and little sister die unjustly. That certainly makes it a different brand of revenge, and I like the idea of one guy going up against a massive conspiracy that puts the thrill in the clue-hunting and investigating. It’ll be a year after his last drama Incarnation of Money if he takes the part, but I have a feeling we might be playing Leading-Man-Go-Round with this drama for a while longer.
Golden Cross plans to follow Age of Feeling in April.
Via Sports Hankook
- Kang Ji-hwan plays lady-killer thief in action rom-com
- Kang Ji-hwan and Yoon Jin-seo pair up for road movie
- Kang Ji-hwan’s post-Money interview and photo shoots
- Incarnation of Money: Episode 1
- Kang Ji-hwan’s legal battles drag on (and on, and on…)
- Kang Ji-hwan goes undercover for Detective Cha
- Sung Yuri and Kang Ji-hwan reunite for zany action-romance comedy
- Kang Ji-hwan for Officiel Homme
- Lie To Me: Episode 1