Yoo Inna considers bringing some sunshine to tvN fantasy drama Goblin
There were some rumors floating around last week that this second lead role in Goblin might go to various idol stars, but I’m glad that the offer went to Yoo Inna (One More Happy Ending) in the end. She just has a warmth to her that I like, and whether she’s playing leads or supporting roles, I always root for her characters. She’s currently considering the offer to star in the new tvN fantasy series opposite Gong Yoo (Big), Kim Go-eun (Cheese in the Trap), and Lee Dong-wook (Bubblegum), who have all confirmed.
The new fantasy romance comes from hit writer Kim Eun-sook of Descended From the Sun, and is about a goblin who protects people and a reaper who takes people, and their bizarre cohabitation story as they escort souls to the afterlife. Gong Yoo plays the goblin, who is in need of a human bride in order to end his immortal life, and Lee Dong-wook plays the reaper, who has amnesia. Kim Go-eun will be the human bride.
Yoo Inna is up to play a character named Kim Sun, who renames herself Sunny because she likes anything that shines brightly. I don’t know if they mean metaphorically, or ooh, shiny! She doesn’t have money but she has looks that outshine her financial situation, and all men like her. But for the first time she meets a man who doesn’t lose to her, and that stirs her interest.
If she takes the role, it’ll be her second drama with writer Kim Eun-sook after Secret Garden. For Yoo Inna’s sake, I hope it’ll be a pairing with Lee Dong-wook in the vein of Descended’s Jin Gu/Kim Ji-won couple, because it would be a lot more fun than watching her pine over a goblin with a bride. A sunny character suits her perfectly, especially if there’s any shot of her dating a grim reaper. Oh the metaphors that could be!
Goblin follows Friday-Saturday drama The K2 in December.
Via IS Plus
- Lee Dong-wook considers reaper role in fantasy drama Goblin
- Kim Go-eun offered lead opposite Gong Yoo in fantasy romance Goblin
- Gong Yoo confirms writer Kim Eun-sook’s fantasy drama Goblin
- Gong Yoo courted to headline writer Kim Eun-sook’s tvN drama
- Descended’s star writer Kim Eun-sook courted by tvN for fall series
- One More Happy Ending: Episode 1
- Yoo Inna offered MBC’s remarriage drama One More Happy Ending
- My Secret Hotel: Episode 1
- You From Another Star: Episode 1