Choi Jin-hyuk to costar opposite Jang Nara in An Empress’s Dignity
After weeks of rumors, it’s officially confirmed: Choi Jin-hyuk (Devilish Joy, Tunnel) will be taking on the lead role in An Empress’s Dignity opposite Jang Nara (Go Back Spouses, One More Happy Ending).
An Empress’s Dignity is set in an alternate reality where South Korea has a constitutional monarchy. Jang Nara’s character Oh Sunny is a bright and outgoing musical actress who finds herself living out a fairy tale when she marries into the imperial family. But when the dowager empress is murdered, the monarchy finds itself under threat and Oh Sunny fights against the autocratic powers that rule inside the palace while struggling to find true happiness and love.
Choi Jin-hyuk’s character, Na Wang-shik, is a super-fit bodyguard for the imperial family with unrivaled fighting skills. Though he’s an imperial guard, he harbors a desire for vengeance on the imperial family, which leads him to partner with Oh Sunny to exact revenge.
The cast is rounded out by Shin Sung-rok (Return) as Lee Hyuk, the emperor, Lee Elijah (Miss Hammurabi) as the antagonist Min Yoo-ra, and Shin Eun-kyung (Village: Secret of Achiara) as the dowager empress.
Veteran writer Kim Soon-ok (Jang Bori Is Here, My Daughter Geum Sa-wol) will pen and director Joo Dong-min (Return) will helm the drama, which premieres on SBS in November.
- Lee Elijah becomes villainess for An Empress’s Dignity
- Devilish Joy: Episode 1
- Jang Nara up to play actress-turned-empress in An Empress’s Dignity
- Choi Jin-hyuk up to headline MBC rom-com Devilish Joy
- MBC’s warm human drama Hospital Ship courts Choi Jin-hyuk
- Tunnel: Episode 1
- Choi Jin-hyuk runs like crazy to solve a serial murder case in Tunnel
- Choi Jin-hyuk offered medical mystery drama Beautiful Mind