The cute and the petty in Fight My Way’s second teaser
The level of petty in this new teaser is glorious. One of the reasons I adore friends-to-lovers stories is because of the constant bickering involved, and from the looks of this teaser, we’re in for some epic squabbling between our two leads.
Just to recap Fight My Way’s general premise and characters: Park Seo-joon (Hwarang) and Kim Ji-won (Descended From the Sun) star as childhood friends whose relationship is built on their mutual love of teasing each other. Ahn Jae-hong (Answer Me 1988) and Song Ha-yoon (My Daughter Geum Sa-wol) play a couple going on six years, who are the leads’ friends. These four friends, called the idiot fantastic four, all struggle to achieve their dreams in spite of their third-rate specs, and find love and maturity along the way.
The second teaser features the four friends sitting down for a meal, and I’m loving this show’s sense of humor, because the “fight” in the title is shortened slang in Korean, but it’s also the same word for lettuce wrap. We can see the polar opposite relationships on full display when the Ahn Jae-hong lovingly makes a lettuce wrap for Song Ha-yoon, complete with aegyo and airplane sounds as he feeds it to her.
Park Seo-joon and Kim Ji-won look on in a mixture of disgust and disbelief, which is the same expression I would wear in the presence of such lovey-doveyness so I love them to bits already. Kim Ji-won then mock-imitates Song Ha-yoon and aegyos for Park Seo-joon to make her a wrap, to which the latter goes, “You out of your mind?” Lol.
She insists, so he acquiesces and makes a wrap to end all wraps, to the horror of everyone else at the table. He says, “You asked for a wrap. I’ve made you one you won’t be able to forget. Ever.” Ahh, the petty, it’s amazing. He stuffs it into her mouth and she lets loose all sorts of curses behind a mouthful of lettuce, to which he quips, “I made it big just for you, to become human. With three garlics.” We end the teaser with her smirking and a bouquet of lettuce in her hands, as she builds her lettuce wrap of revenge.
Fight My Way will begin its run on May 22 after Perfect Wife ends. Let the bickering commence!!
Via Xports News
- KBS schedules drama shorts, delays Fight My Way’s premiere
- Finger hearts in new stills for Fight My Way
- Bickering besties Park Seo-joon and Kim Ji-won for Fight My Way
- Kimbap and charged looks on the set of Third-Rate My Way
- Ex-boyfriend cameo and first script read for KBS’s Third-Rate My Way
- Choi Woo-shik drops by for cameo on Third-Rate My Way
- KBS fills out spring drama lineup with Third-Rate My Way, Sang-shik and Nara
- Kim Ji-won, Chun Woo-hee up for same lead role in KBS’s Third-Rate My Way
- Park Seo-joon, Chun Woo-hee offered new KBS drama Third-Rate My Way