Supernatural sageuk drama Joseon Exorcist releases new stills and poster
New stills and a poster for upcoming drama Joseon Exorcist have been released. Featuring Kam Woo-sung (The Wind Blows) as a Joseon’s monarch, the story is an interesting mix of history and fiction, centered around the evil spirits driven by the greed of mankind and the people that try to protect Joseon from being swallowed whole by those spirits.
The text on the poster reads: “Exorcise Joseon, where the evil spirits have arisen.” Kam Woo-sung plays King Taejong who encounters these evil Western spirits for the first time when making his rounds in the northern territories in his early reign. He successfully seals the spirit Azazel away, but years later, the greed of the Joseon people drive its evil rebirth.
Jang Dong-yoon (Tale of Nokdu) and Park Sung-hoon (Memorials) play Taejong’s sons who have completely opposite personalities. Park Sung-hoon plays the haughty Grand Prince Yangnyeong, who is secretly afraid of not measuring up to his father’s expectations despite his efforts. It leads to a mad anxiety, especially given Taejong’s stated intention to leave the throne to his most competent offspring.
On the other hand, Jang Dong-yoon plays the scholarly Prince Chungnyung (who will later become Sejong the Great) who always seems to have his head in the clouds, until events happen that lead him to be concerned about the evil spirits taking over Joseon. Also part of the royal family are Ahn Kil-gang (Tale of the Nine Tailed) and Baek Sung-chul, playing the Min brothers who also protect Taejong. They are the younger brothers of his wife, played by Seo Young-hee (Nokdu Flower).
In the recently released stills, Choi Moo-sung (Forest of Secrets) holds a holy cross in a battle scene. His character, Mak-chi, is on Taejong’s side and David McInnis (Kill It) is like a father to him.
SBS Monday-Tuesday drama Joseon Exorcist, directed by Shin Kyung-soo (Six Flying Dragons) and written by Park Kye-ok, will begin airing on March 22.
- Jang Dong-yoon stands against evils spirits in Joseon Exorcist with Kam Woo-sung, Park Sung-hoon
- Kam Woo-sung, Jang Dong-yoon, Park Sung-hoon cast in new SBS drama
- Jang Dong-yoon, Krystal gather the troops for OCN thriller Search
- Jobless but fearless Nana flirts with Park Sung-hoon in Ballot
- Yoon Shi-yoon has identity crisis in new teaser for Psychopath Diary
- New teaser and stills for KBS Tale of Nokdu with Kim So-hyun, Jang Dong-yoon, Kang Tae-oh
- Romance and sunshine for Kam Woo-sung and Kim Haneul in The Wind Blows
- Ocean strolls for romance melodrama Should We Kiss First