Joo Jin-mo up to join the Bad Guys in Age of Evil
I’m really liking the casting decisions being made for OCN’s Bad Guys spinoff, Bad Guys: Age of Evil. On the heels of Park Sung-woong (Man to Man), Kang Haneul (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo), and Park Joong-hoon’s (Hanji, My Dear Desperado) offers to star in the upcoming OCN series, Joo Jin-mo (Woman With a Suitcase) has also been approached to join the cast.
There’s no word yet on what his role in the show would be, but given that Park Sung-woong, Kang Haneul, and Park Joong-hoon have all been offered characters that work with the law as prosecutors and a detective, I’m kind of hoping Joo Jin-mo will be one of the titular bad guys. I’ve only watched three projects of Joo’s (Fashion 70’s, 200 Pound Beauty, and Empress Ki), and if memory serves, he played a generally stoic, good guy in all of them. I remember really liking him and his characters, but it would be interesting to see him go full-on dark, like Park Hae-jin did in the original.
Bad Guys: Age of Evil is scheduled to premiere in late 2017, following Duel, Rescue Me, and Black. None of the actors have confirmed their roles, but I hope they do, because coupled with the writer-director duo of Police Unit 38, that would be one solid trifecta of talent. Next on my wish list: a badass female character, preferably as one of the criminals. Make it happen, OCN!
- Kang Haneul, Park Joong-hoon may become the next Bad Guys
- Park Sung-woong up for lead role in Bad Guys spinoff
- Bad Guys: Age of Evil in contention for OCN’s fall lineup
- Bad Guys return to OCN for a Season 2
- Woman With a Suitcase: Episode 1
- Cool, confident character posters and a second teaser for Woman With a Suitcase
- Legal romance Woman With a Suitcase teases lighthearted laughs