Park Bo-young tackles two different appearances in tvN’s Abyss
Park Bo-young (Strong Woman Do Bong-soon) headlining a new drama is always something to get excited about, so I’m definitely happy to hear she’s selected her next one: a tvN drama titled Abyss.
It sounds like a wacky premise, centering around a beautiful female prosecutor and a hideously ugly man who, through a mysterious and magical soul-reviving abyss, are reborn into a completely average-looking woman and a beautiful man, respectively. In the process of searching for the secret of how she changed, Park Bo-young’s character discovers true love. The character is described as having “cute charisma,” which is one of Park’s fortes, and she’s already shown that she can find the comedy and heart in playing one role with dramatically different personalities (as she did in her last tvN drama, Oh My Ghostess). So I’m eager to see how she’ll get to play one personality with two different appearances this time.
The rest of the plot remains a mystery, and there are a lot of questions I have about this vague and cryptic-sounding premise, like how you’re going to make me believe Park turns into an unattractive plain Jane. But Park Bo-young is one of those actors who has a history of picking projects well, so I’m fully looking forward to what kind of shenanigans will be in store for us.
Abyss is looking at an early 2019 broadcast on tvN.
Via Joy News
- Park Bo-young film Your Wedding back on track with new male lead
- Park Bo-young offered webtoon adaptation Will You Have Dinner With Me
- Strong Woman Do Bong-soon: Episode 1
- Park Bo-young courted for new drama from Ms. Temper PD
- Kang Haneul, Park Bo-young in contention for first-love melo Your Wedding
- Posters and trailer for Hot Blooded Youth
- Oh My Ghostess: Episode 1
Tags: Park Bo-young