Kim Tae-ri and Oh Jung-se cast in SBS’s occult thriller Demon
Kim Tae-ri, Oh Jung-se, Hong Kyung
Yay, writer Kim Eun-hee is back! From the genius behind the critically-acclaimed Signal and Kingdom comes an occult mystery thriller centered around malicious otherworldly beings. Aptly titled Demon, the SBS drama tells the tale of a possessed woman and a man who can see demons.
Kim Tae-ri (Twenty Five Twenty One) stars as Gu San-young, who’s been preparing for the Level 9 civil service exam for years. After receiving her late father’s keepsake, suspicious deaths keep occuring in her vicinity, and she soon notices herself slowly changing.
Oh Jung-se (Little Women) plays Yeom Hae-sang, a Korean folklore professor who hails from an affluent family. He’s able to see ghosts and deities, including the demon that has possessed San-young — the very same demon that murdered his mother when he was young.
Rounding out our main trio is Hong Kyung (Lovers of the Red Sky) as Lee Hong-sae, a violent crimes detective whose main goal in life is simply to get a promotion. However, after meeting San-young and Hae-sang, he soon finds himself getting wrapped up in an inconceivable case.
I’ll probably have to watch this drama through my fingers, with a plushie in my lap for emotional support, but I’m excited for it anyway. If it’s anything like The Guest, I’m all in!
Directed by Lee Jung-rim (VIP) with scripts penned by Kim Eun-hee (Jirisan), Demon is aiming for a 2023 premiere.
- Watching dramas with Kim Tae-ri in new promos for Twenty Five Twenty One
- Kim Tae-ri and Nam Joo-hyuk reminisce about summer in Twenty Five Twenty One
- Looking back on 1998 with Kim Tae-ri and Nam Joo-hyuk in Twenty-Five Twenty-One
- Oh Jung-se comes to save his nephew in first teaser for Uncle
- Oh Jung-se headlines new Mnet drama about cohabitating couples
- VIP: Episodes 1-2 (Series Review)