Kim Tae-ri and Oh Jung-se cast in SBS’s occult thriller Demon

Kim Tae-ri, Oh Jung-se, Hong Kyung

Yay, writer Kim Eun-hee is back! From the genius behind the critically-acclaimed Signal and Kingdom comes an occult mystery thriller centered around malicious otherworldly beings. Aptly titled Demon, the SBS drama tells the tale of a possessed woman and a man who can see demons.

Kim Tae-ri (Twenty Five Twenty One) stars as Gu San-young, who’s been preparing for the Level 9 civil service exam for years. After receiving her late father’s keepsake, suspicious deaths keep occuring in her vicinity, and she soon notices herself slowly changing.

Oh Jung-se (Little Women) plays Yeom Hae-sang, a Korean folklore professor who hails from an affluent family. He’s able to see ghosts and deities, including the demon that has possessed San-young — the very same demon that murdered his mother when he was young.

Rounding out our main trio is Hong Kyung (Lovers of the Red Sky) as Lee Hong-sae, a violent crimes detective whose main goal in life is simply to get a promotion. However, after meeting San-young and Hae-sang, he soon finds himself getting wrapped up in an inconceivable case.

I’ll probably have to watch this drama through my fingers, with a plushie in my lap for emotional support, but I’m excited for it anyway. If it’s anything like The Guest, I’m all in!

Directed by Lee Jung-rim (VIP) with scripts penned by Kim Eun-hee (Jirisan), Demon is aiming for a 2023 premiere.

Via Newsis

Tags: , ,

Oooh, I love this concept and this cast!

Love Signal and Kim Tae Ri, will check out for that reason.

Jung Se is becoming male lead, yes 👏👍❤️.
Totally will watch this drama!

Congrats to Hong Kyung getting promoted to a main lead and working alongside big names Kim Tae-ri and Oh Jung-se.

Hong Kyung just joined KTR's agency earlier this year, so I think him being cast here was part of an agency deal.

I'm surprised that no one has yet flipped a table at the mention of the writer of Jirisan 😂
I thought Jirisan was a contender for worst script ever.
Ps. I know that Signal and Kingdom are popular. I'm joking.

Pps. It makes me sad that an actor of Oh Jung Se's experience, filmography, and calibre, only comes to the spotlight when he plays the part of a disabled person.
I wonder didn't people notice him before at all?
He was in Stove League before IONTBO, and he was PHENOMENAL. I'm saying this as a diehard Namgoong Min fan, sometimes I couldn't decide which one of these two was the better actor. Their scenes together were electric. Perfect.
I love Park Eun Bin too, and I actually think she is a prodigy in acting, but she still couldn't come anywhere near NGM and OJS when they were together.

agreed! they were both awesome and I loved Stove League and yes to another die hard fan of Namgoong Min and Oh Jung Se.

Eh, I don't think it's fair to write off a person for one bad outing when she/he has had a good track record otherwise.

I know. I'm just joking because recently there was a thread of name worst drama ever and Jirisan was mentioned many times.

Another Kim TaeRi drama! Will definitely watch thisn