Chinese fans have come together to show their support for the You’re Beautiful cast and crew by supplying the 100-plus staffers with a buffet meal, candy, and coffee, which was delivered to the set of A.N.JELL’s fictional management company on November 15.
Korean fan-club members had supplied a buffet lunch earlier this month; this gesture was organized by Jang Geun-seok‘s official Chinese fan club (http://www.keunsukchina.com/). It was attended by Chinese students studying in Korea, as well as some fans who flew to Korea to participate specifically in the event. Jang hasn’t been active in promoting his career in China, but has amassed fans there with his television roles from Nonstop 4, Hwang Jini, and Hong Gil Dong.
The fan fervor for You’re Beautiful is pretty remarkable, particularly in proportion to its viewership ratings; even for a mania drama, the fans have been very outspoken about their support for the trendy romantic-comedy series. It has an especially strong online presence, regularly beating higher-ranked shows like IRIS or Queen Seon-deok in website pageviews and forum discussions.
Jang Geun-seok said, “As a Korean, I felt proud to see fans in China taking an interest in Korean culture, learning the Korean language in China, or even coming all the way here to study Korean. I’m deeply touched to see them come to cheer me on so passionately. Both my overseas and Korean fans are like valuable family members to me. On behalf of them, I’ll work harder to mature and always put forth my best effort.”
Via Star News
- Midnight interview with You’re Beautiful’s sleep-deprived but happy cast
- Pig-Rabbit for sale (calling You’re Beautiful fans)
- Cast of You’re Beautiful buoyed by fan support
- You’re Beautiful’s passionate cult following
- Small dramas stay afloat amongst blockbusters
- Jang Geun-seok flooded with CF offers
- Park Shin-hye is tired but happy
- A.N.JELL’s music is a hit
- Behind the scenes with You’re Beautiful’s cast