It looks like the dust has settled and the chips are starting to fall in place as variety shows begin to announce their new plans for the days of TV post-Kang Ho-dong. Hit talk show Strong Heart has announced that Lee Seung-gi will MC the show solo, at least for the time being, until a possible co-host is found.
I’m a little surprised, mostly because I thought they’d go for stability rather than experimentation, but I think Seung-gi can carry the show solo without a hitch. (And I swear, that’s not all puppy-love talking.) He’s got plenty of variety experience under his belt and he’s been with Strong Heart since Day 1 back in 2009.
Seung-gi will be flying solo for a while, and meanwhile producers will be taking their time to figure out a suitable replacement. I suppose giving us time to adjust will help to smooth the transition, though it’ll be hard to see someone else up at that podium regardless. It’s not that I don’t think anyone else could MC that show, but it’s the Ho-dong/Seung-gi bromance that I love so much, that makes me sad.
Seung-gi will start his solo MC duties with the recording on September 22nd, and Strong Heart airs Tuesdays on SBS.
Via My Daily
- Kang Ho-dong takes break from showbiz, 1N2D to shoot farewell episode?
- Variety Roulette: Strong Heart
- 1N2D (as we know it) to come to an end
- Na PD rumored to leave 1 Night 2 Days
- PD Na Young-seok to also leave 1 Night 2 Days?
- Kang Ho-dong to quit 1 Night 2 Days?
- 1 Night 2 Days: Episode 351
- 1 Night 2 Days: Episode 350
- 1 Night 2 Days: Episode 349