Joo Sang-wook courted for Birth of a Beauty
It seems a number of upcoming weekend dramas are basing their plots on box office successes. We just heard about MBC’s new drama, Legendary Witch, the plot of which sounds suspiciously like Gift of Room 7, albeit with a female cast. Now we’ve got SBS joining in on the action with Birth of a Beauty (a working title), a show about a woman whose life is transformed after she sheds some weight — a story reminiscent of 200 Pound Beauty, the popular 2006 comedy movie starring Kim Ah-joong.
Joo Sang-wook (Sly and Single Again, Good Doctor) has received an offer for the male lead and is positively considering it. While there hasn’t been any other news on his character or the plot, several actresses are said to be interested in the female lead, which could be a career-defining role, a la Kim Sam-soon or Bridget Jones.
Birth of a Beauty will be directed by Lee Chang-min (My Love Madame Butterfly, Bride of the Sun) and will be written by Yoon Young-mi, who previously collaborated with PD Lee on Bride of the Sun. The show will air in November on SBS, after Endless Love concludes.
Via TV Report
- Joo Sang-wook signs on for Trot
- Sly and Single Again: Episode 1
- Flirty posters for Sly and Single Again
- Lee Min-jung and Joo Sang-wook tie the knot in Sly and Single
- Script reading for romantic comedy Sly and Single Again
- New rom-com Sly and Single Again confirms leads
- Joo Sang-wook and Yang Dong-geun face off in The Punisher
- Movie Review: 200 Pound Beauty
- Good Doctor: Episode 1
Tags: Joo Sang-wook