[Drama chat] Oops, I dropped a drama (or twelve)
Our 2022 Year in Review festivities have begun, so we thought it would be fun if our Drama Chat space followed suit. And you know, with the Bean Count around the corner, it seemed like a good time to talk about BING: beans I’m not getting.
As per the Dramabeans tradition, you get an imaginary “bean” for every drama you watch in the year, which is the reasoning behind the often-employed explanation for sticking it out through a non-enjoyable drama – viz., I did it for the bean. But maybe even more interesting than the dramas you watched are the dramas you dropped, bean be damned. And that’s what this post is for.
For me, I think this was a record year from dropping
beans dramas. That’s right, the days of suffering through shows I’m not loving are over. Whether I dropped a show because it just wasn’t my speed (Our Blues), because it was too poorly written (Cafe Minamdang), because it was too gory (All of Us Are Dead), or because I meant to finish it but ran out of hours in the day (Good Job, I’m sorry!) — I have a 2022 compost heap of unfinished dramas.
What dramas did you drop this year and why?
Let the chatting begin!
- [Drama chat] In season, or out of season?
- [Drama chat] The changing role of violence in K-dramas
- [Drama chat] Legal drama overdose
- [Drama chat] Dealing with disappointing endings
- [Drama chat] It’s all in the details
- [Drama chat] What’s your favorite rewatch?
- [Drama chat] Who are your favorite ajusshi actors?
- [Drama chat] Pitch your drama concept
- [Drama chat] What are your controversial, unpopular K-drama opinions?
- [Drama chat] How did you get into K-dramas?
- [Drama chat] A season 2, or a season too much?
- [Drama chat] Name your dream drama pairing
- [Drama chat] Which drama do you wish didn’t exist?