[Drama chat] When screenwriters let you down hard
Last week we waxed poetic on our favorite screenwriters. This week, though, the chat is all about the letdown (whomp, whomp).
You know the scenario: you love a drama, your heart is stuck to the script and the story and the characters like a barnacle, and you wait patiently two-ish years for the writer’s next work. In other words: me, waiting for Yoo Bo-ra’s follow-up to Just Between Lovers. Then, you finally get the drama, and it’s… well, in this case, Reflection of You. You want to love it. And when that’s not possible, you want to at least like it. Okay, if I can’t like it, can I just not totally jump ship? (Answer: no.)
While these sorts of ups and downs are expected with any creative’s work, sometimes they sting more than they ought. Expectations too high? Maybe. But that’s what dramaland is all about.
What are some instances where screenwriters you loved have let you down with one of their dramas?
Let the chatting begin!
- [Drama chat] Screenwriters and their dramas
- [Drama chat] K-drama weddings
- [Drama chat] I haven’t forgiven you since…
- [Drama chat] I’ve loved you ever since…
- [Drama chat] The performance you’ll never forget
- [Drama chat] That drama thing you’ll always defend
- [Drama chat] Hotel happy
- [Drama chat] Iconic character entrances
- [Drama chat] Rookie check-in
Tags: Drama Chat