Ji Hyun-woo courted for role in MBC drama Love in Sadness
MBC has announced that they are in final talks with actor Ji Hyun-woo (Risky Romance, Thief-nom Thief-nim) for their new weekend melo drama, Love in Sadness. If Ji Hyun-woo signs on, he will be playing the male lead, Ohn Ji-sung, a man who loves with a pure heart.
The drama is described as being the story of a romance with life and death consequences. The main leads are a woman who is being chased, a man who is chasing after her, and the man who helps to hide her from her chaser. There will be perilous pursuits, secret desires, and social commentary.
The drama is a remake of the 1999 Japanese drama Beautiful People, written by Shinji Nojima. MBC acquired the rights in order to remake the drama for Korean audiences.
Though Love in Sadness is still in pre-production, the drama’s production company DK E&M has raised plagiarism concerns against the SBS drama Let Me Introduce Her. Though SBS denies the allegations, DK E&M stated they will start legal proceedings against SBS due to the similarities between the SBS show and the original drama Beautiful People.
The drama is scheduled to air in February 2019.
- Thief-nom Ji Hyun-woo cracks a safe and eludes cop Seohyun
- Im Joo-eun joins weekend drama Thief-nom, Thief-nim as chaebol heiress
- Ji Hyun-woo offered weekend drama Thief-nom, Thief-nim opposite Seohyun
- Wanted: Episode 1
- The mission begins and the cameras roll on SBS’s Wanted
- Filming begins on SBS’s upcoming thriller Wanted
- Wanted secures cast in Kim Ah-joong, Uhm Tae-woong, Ji Hyun-woo
- Awl: Episode 1
Tags: Ji Hyun-woo