Blockbuster spy-action drama Prometheus courts Joo Ji-hoon, Ha Ji-won
The upcoming drama Prometheus: War of Fire, which was initially announced last year, has epic action blockbuster written all over it, so it makes sense that they’d go after an equally blockbuster cast, which is what we’d get with Joo Ji-hoon (With the Gods, Asura) and Ha Ji-won (Hospital Ship, Chronicle of a Blood Merchant). Both actors have been extended offers for the large-scale spy-action drama and are currently “considering positively.”
The plot of Prometheus kicks off when top North Korean scientists with secret knowledge of North’s intercontinental ballistic missiles and nuclear program go missing while dispatched secretly to Pakistan. In response, multiple nations jump into action to be the first to locate the missing scientists (and acquire their knowledge), which includes agents from South Korean’s National Intelligence Service.
Among those are elite NIS agent Chae Eun-seo, the role out to Ha Ji-won, and North Korean defector and former military officer Park Hoon, which is the role offered to Joo Ji-hoon. The two are dispatched undercover, disguised as a married couple, under the operation titled Prometheus. A third main character is a mysterious girl genius, Song Chae-yool, and the three characters get swept up in an unexpected whirlpool of action, espionage, and intrigue.
Prometheus comes from chief producer Choi Ji-young, who worked on spy-action thriller IRIS, period action drama Chuno, and period romantic melodrama Princess’s Man. All were massive hits, and all boasted an epic sensibility that this new drama will surely be aiming to re-create—and even amplify, with its massive 30 billion won budget.
The drama will begin shooting in May and is currently in talks for scheduling with “a major broadcaster” (so, KBS, SBS, or MBC).
- KBS plans blockbuster spy action drama Prometheus for 2018
- Welcome to the afterlife in With the Gods
- Netflix’s Kingdom adds multiple seasons and supporting cast
- Joo Ji-hoon, Ryu Seung-ryong, Bae Doo-na consider Netflix show Kingdom
- Joo Ji-hoon courted to be grim reaper minion in fantasy saga With the Gods
- Hospital Ship: Episodes 1-2
- A novelist tries to catch a murderer in Life-Risking Romance
- Lee Byung-heon out of John Woo film, Ha Ji-won possibly in
- The Time I’ve Loved You: Episode 1
- Mask: Episodes 1-2