Waking to Yeon Woo-jin’s switchblade and song in Let Me Hear Your Song
Compared to the cutesy first teaser, the second one for Let Me Hear Your Song is drastically more spooky. Advertised as a rom-com mystery-thriller, this drama is about a timpanist who loses her memory after the day a murder occurred. She meets a tone-deaf man, and together they begin investigating the circumstances of the crime to recover the truth behind her lost memory.
In the teaser, Kim Se-jung (School 2017) is lost within the grips of a terrifying nightmare. It’s filled with glimpses of her lost memory—a forgotten shoe, a girl in a hospital bed, and staring at a bright light. She wakes up in a cold sweat to the ringing of her cell phone. On the other line, Yeon Woo-jin (Priest, Seven Day Queen) opens up a razor-sharp switchblade, and asks her if she wants to hear his song.
Kim Se-jung is the timpanist who is afflicted with amnesia/insomnia, and Yeon Woo-jin is the man who ends up helping her sleep in the evenings. Other cast members include Song Jae-rim (Secret Mother) who plays the quirky conductor, and Park Ji-yeon (Triangle) who plays the haughty violinist.
To be honest, I’m not sure which ambiance this drama is going for, but Yeon Woo-jin is one of those actors who can play ambitious-evil or dorky-good really well, so I’m excited either way.
KBS Monday-Tuesday drama Let Me Hear Your Song will begin airing on August 5.
- Kim Se-jung dreams of sheep to ease her insomnia in Let Me Hear Your Song
- First stills for KBS drama Let Me Hear Your Song
- Kim Se-jung as an amnesiac timpanist with insomnia in KBS’s rom-com mystery thriller
- Script reading for KBS mystery rom-com Let Me Hear Your Song
- Yeon Woo-jin joins Kim Se-jung, Song Jae-rim in KBS rom-com
- Song Jae-rim cast in new KBS mystery-romance