[Drama Chat] Which drama is your happy place?
I definitely have more than one drama I would label my happy place, and each for a different reason, but the one that keeps jumping up and down shouting, “Pick me! Pick me!” is Eun-joo’s Room.
This little gem of a drama is not only hard to find (and harder to find subbed), but it’s a sort of hodgepodge of cute K-drama and DIY tutorial. Maybe that’s why it always stays at the top of my list. It’s far from remarkable or ground-breaking, but it’s very comforting. (I reviewed it a while ago here if you want to read more.)
Sweet and moving dramas, fun though they are, often leave an empty hey-that-ain’t-real-life feeling behind, but Eun-joo’s Room didn’t do that for me. Rather than make you dig through your emotions too deeply or ask questions that will keep you up at night, this drama offers the ultimate catharsis because it gives you something to take away (in addition to the cute story). It makes you want to do something.
Drawing from the growth of the heroine during the show, we also want to paint our wall, make a lampshade, or just invest our time and energy into creating something. So for me, this drama is a wonderful recipe of cute romance + ode to the joy of nesting + inspiration to make and do something real.
And now, before I chew your ear off even more…
Which drama is your happy place?
Let the chatting begin!
- [Drama Chat] The drama you couldn’t love even though you wanted to
- [Drama Chat] The drama you love but everyone else hates
- [Drama Chat] If you could be a drama character for a day
- [Drama Chat] Typecast: for better or worse?
- [Drama Chat] When dramas hit your wallet
- [Drama Chat] The drama trope that happened to you
- [Drama Chat] Name your favorite up-and-comers
- [Drama Chat] The drama that wrecked your heart
- [Drama Chat] How did Squid Game change K-dramas?
- [Drama Chat] What made The Red Sleeve Cuff such a hit?
- [Drama Chat] What was the best drama of 2021?