[Drama chat] Favorite K-drama lines
Thanks to all the Beanies who prompted this week’s chat topic — we might need more than a week, in fact, to chat about our favorite K-drama lines, because so many are great for so many different reasons.
I’ve certainly amassed my favorites over the years, from the “Aigooooo Kim Sajang!” of Answer Me 1988 (it’s useful in every social engagement, trust me), to the delightful one-liners, to the more introspective drama moments.
In that latter category, one I’ve always loved is from City Hunter. Our hero just had his whole world construct crash down around him and while he’s sitting in the aftermath he quietly tells himself: “Everything’s going to change now.” I’ve always love that for not only its narrative function, but the focus on the hero both announcing and embracing the change that’s to come after a big life event.
Drop some of your favorite K-drama lines and catchphrases in the comments.
- [Drama chat] Your fantasy drama pairing (2023 version)
- [Drama chat] Endings best left unwatched
- [Drama chat] When do you know it’s time to drop a drama?
- [Drama chat] Random factoids we learned from dramas
- [Drama chat] Things dramas do I *wish* were real life
- [Drama chat] Reminders that dramas aren’t real life
- [Drama chat] The finale freeze
- [Drama chat] The drama you could watch 100 times
Tags: Drama Chat