[Drama chat] Episode previews: yea or nay?
I’ve been burned by episode previews one too many times, and one day it occurred to me that the previews were coloring my anticipation of the episode in a way that ruined all the fun.
Now, years later, episode previews have become the worst sort of spoilers to me, I think because of the visual impact they have. You can’t unsee them, so they’re even worse for spoiling expectations than a friend saying, “They finally kiss in this episode!”
While a verbal spoiler builds anticipation for me, the misleading cuts of the episode previews make everything — when I finally see it play out — feel anticlimactic.
Do you watch episode previews, or do you run from them screaming?
Let the chatting begin!
- [Drama chat] Came for the story, discovered the oppa
- [Drama chat] Came for the oppa, stayed for the story
- [Drama chat] The story you want to see as a K-drama
- [Drama chat] When bad dramas happen to good actors
- [Drama chat] Your fastest drama binge
- [Drama chat] The drama moment that made you ugly-cry
- [Drama Chat] That drama you hate-watched all the way through
- [Drama Chat] Your current top 10 dramas
- [Drama Chat] The OST you’re still listening to
- [Drama Chat] Your gateway drama
- [Drama Chat] Can I have your wardrobe?
- [Drama Chat] Who’s your favorite scene-stealer?
- [Drama Chat] Signs of a baddie
- [Drama Chat] Which drama is your happy place?
- [Drama Chat] The drama you couldn’t love even though you wanted to
- [Drama Chat] The drama you love but everyone else hates