[Theme of the Month] Villains
I must have seasonal allergies, because last month I found myself tearing up whenever I’d read the theme posts for “Community.” Seeing all the love out there for our special communities and dramas got me thinking about the different elements that I love about dramas. There are the creative storylines, the swoonworthy actors, the beautiful fashion. Then I realized, one of the things I love most about a good drama is a good villain.
A good villain can often make or break a show. Narratives about conquering adversity and finding happiness in the face of opposition are satisfying. But when the protagonists conquer a seriously wily villain on top of that? SO satisfying. On the other hand, when a drama can’t muster up a good, competent villain? Oh, the rage! (I’m looking at you Abyss.) So:
Tell us about your drama villains, the ones you loved to hate or the ones you just plain hated.
- Email your submissions to [email protected] If you have a registered Dramabeans account, include your handle so we can link to it.
- Include at least 1 image, though more is preferred.
- Suggested length: Between 500 and 1,000 words.
- Deadline: We will post these on a rolling basis, so we’re taking submissions now. We will cut off accepting submissions on July 26. If you miss this month, join us for a new theme next month!
- [Theme of the Month] K-dramas and community
- [Theme of the Month] Dramas and food
- [Theme of the Month] Short but sweet
- [Theme of the Month] Adaptations
- [Theme of the Month] Happily never after
- [Theme of the Month] Plot twists
- [Theme of the Month] Year in dramas
- [Theme of the Month] Scene stealers
- [Theme of the Month] Choose your own epilogue
- [Theme of the Month] Trend inspirations from our favorite dramas
Tags: Theme of the Month