[Drama Chat] Everything but the romance
I love love, and I’m a very big fan of seeing romance play out in K-dramas. There’s something captivating about watching the intense romance between two characters who crackle with an electrifying chemistry, or the ones who pine after each other in a slow burn romance. But once in a while, you watch a drama and the romance that you love so much is the very thing that lets you down or turns you off completely.
It’s probably an unpopular opinion, but for me, that drama is Vincenzo. I enjoyed everything about Vincenzo… except the romance. And while it didn’t really take anything away from the plot, the inclusion of romance felt like fan service at best. Vincenzo and Cha-young were better off as comrades than as a couple, and that’s one hill I’ll die on.
Over to you, Beanies! Name a drama where you wish the romance had been removed from the plot.
Let the chatting begin!
Thanks to @nigirisushi for the prompt.
- [Drama chat] So they’re really replacing Jung So-min in Alchemy of Souls?
- [Drama chat] Shark week, shark metaphors
- [Drama chat] Make a case for web dramas
- [Drama chat] The drama you initially dismissed as not your thing
- [Drama chat] Episode previews: yea or nay?
- [Drama chat] Came for the story, discovered the oppa
- [Drama chat] Came for the oppa, stayed for the story
- [Drama chat] The story you want to see as a K-drama
- [Drama chat] When bad dramas happen to good actors
- [Drama chat] Your fastest drama binge
- [Drama chat] The drama moment that made you ugly-cry
- [Drama Chat] That drama you hate-watched all the way through
- [Drama Chat] Your current top 10 dramas
- [Drama Chat] The OST you’re still listening to
- [Drama Chat] Your gateway drama
- [Drama Chat] Can I have your wardrobe?
- [Drama Chat] Who’s your favorite scene-stealer?